Arianna empowers people globally to stand Tall & Speak From the heart!
Graduation from university left Arianna Merritt, MEd, jobless and feeling lost, hopeless and unworthy. Instead of giving up on her dreams, she drew on her courage and dove into the unknown waters of blogging and entrepreneurship. She is now so grateful for her struggle as it lead her to find her purpose in life: empowering people en route to becoming their best selves! The platform she created from the ground up, The Self-Discovery Retreat (formerly Arianna’s Random Thoughts) is now in it’s 7th year and remains a safe haven for people globally seeking hope and brightness on their journey. Even well known leaders have shown up at the beach. Through all her writing & teaching, Arianna guides people from self-doubt and vulnerability to a place of inner strength and perseverance. She wants all her visitors to know that: You matter. You are not alone. Things will get better.
If you have a project or story that you feel I should hear about, please scroll to the bottom of the page for the Contact Form.
As Seen On:
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
Won the Top 25 Blog with Heart Award.
- Awarded See Beautiful Woman of the Month - June 2012 - "Arianna's Random Thoughts Are Full of Awesome."
- Nominated for the Business & Career, Health & Wellness, and Life Categories for the 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2013 Canadian Weblog Awards. Placed in the top 5 in the Health & Wellness Category.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2012 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Awarded Best Body Image Blogger for the 2012 Nourishing Body Image Awards.
- Awarded #14 in the Top 50 Personal Development Blogs of 2012 (Steven Aitchison).
- Top 100 Self-Help Blogs 2012 - Psychology of Eating.
- Best Victoria Instagram Photos Dec. 22-28 2015.
- Ten Thousand Coffees | How to Establish Yourself as a Blogger
- Carleton University Learning Log | What Can You Do With a Psychology Degree?
- Wild Sister Magazine| Being An Entrepreneur is Like Paddling (Feb. 2015)
- Wild Sister Magazine | Go Be Wild (December, 2014)
- inspired COACH magazine | Shared my advice for work/life balance
- AlisonSmith.com | Shared a self-love strategy in 16 Strategies to Live a Life UnCommon
- Quips and Tips for Life's Ups and Downs | How to Overcome Your Fear of What People Think
- Nourishing the Soul | Surround Yourself with Positive People
- Psych Central's Weightless blog | Overcoming Body Image Battles for a Better Life
- 6 Months to Live | Life Experiment Celebrating You
- Grow Soul Beautiful | Why I Yoga series.
- CafeTruth | How do you Deal With Critics?
- Not Myself Today | shared my story
BLOG COMMUNITY WORK:
- Expert on Ten Thousand Coffees.
- Juror for the 2012, 2013, & 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Contributor on We Are The Real Deal.
- Featured Blogger of the Week on The Gold Zebra: January 2013.
- Blog was Profiled on Canada Blog Friends.
PRINTED MAGAZINE ARTICLES:
- Seaside Magazine | Coffee, Walk, and a Talk (September 2013, p. 67)
- Have two articles published in April 2013 version of Brainwash Magazine. A new magazine for teen girls.
- Featured in Island Gals Magazine in March 2013. Also, on the Meet the Gals section of their site.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Awareness Group Interview Series. Live Facebook Chat for an hour.
- Featured on Your Life Your Success Podcast.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone where we interview Kristin Lajeunesse.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone called "The Moment for Change: Creating Our Best Lives."
- Group Facilitator for #IAmAntiBully's Why bully? Embrace. A TED-inspired educator's dialogue.
- Was a volunteer for Right By You at Clara's Big Ride in Victoria, B.C.
- Attended Therapeutic Conversations Conference by Vancouver School of Narrative Therapy, May 2014.
- Western Psychological Association Convention, Portland, Oregon, April, 2009
- Community Ambassador for the non-profit Fast and Female, which empowers girls to get into sport.